To Our Patients and Community Partners:
At TheraSport Physical Therapy, the health and safety of our patients, staff, and community is our highest priority and we have been monitoring the recent updates from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in regard to concerns about coronavirus (COVID-19). As part of our standard business practices, and especially during flu season, we promote and encourage additional precautions to reduce the spread of influenza-like illnesses at our clinics and follow Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and CDC Guidelines at each of our facilities every day. As additional information becomes available, we will continue to follow guidance from the CDC and other government authorities to implement efforts to reduce the likelihood of illness and wanted to share some precautionary measures, as well as efforts we are undertaking when visiting our clinics.
Precautionary Measures Recommended by the CDC:
At this time, the CDC has advised that the COVID-19 situation is rapidly evolving and the risk assessment is being updated frequently. We strongly encourage the following practices to help reduce the spread of illness as recommended by the CDC:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue (NOT your hands), then dispose of directly in a trash receptacle
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or sanitization wipe
- Follow CDC’s recommendations regarding the use of a facemask
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the restroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
* If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty
Precautionary Measures at our Clinics:
As determined by Federal and State Authorities, including Pennsylvania Governor Wolf's Order and Industry Operations Guidance TheraSport Physical Therapy is deemed an essential service during the COVID-19 Outbreak and may continue operations. We are taking the following precautions at all of our clinics to ensure our patients and employees are treating in the safest environment possible:
- All staff will be screened prior to entering the clinic daily (temperature and symptom screening)
- All patients will be screened prior to each clinic visit to assess for risk of contact exposure or symptoms prior to entry. Should we identify any risk, the appointment will be rescheduled.
- Each physical therapist will only schedule 1 in clinic patient per hour.
- Only necessary staff will be in the clinic at one time, with no overlap in schedules
- Each physical therapist will have Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) available for use while on the treatment floor
- All equipment, common areas, entry and exit doors and access areas will be sanitized hourly
- All highly touched items (coffee, food, magazines) will be removed from the waiting area
- Community water stations will be closed and considered off limits
- Any patient over the age of 65, or those with a compromised immune system or other high-risk ailment, will be encouraged to speak with their physician and physical therapist for proper guidance as to whether it is recommended to attend in-clinic therapy, utilize TeleHealth, or postpone treatment to a later date.
- Patient waiting areas will have chairs separated, as will the gym area, so as to continue to maintain the practice of physical distance
- All therapeutic areas will continue to be sanitized before, during and after each patient
As additional information becomes available, we will take appropriate action to continue to protect the health and welfare of all of our patients and staff. We want to reassure current and prospective patients that during this time of heightened awareness, TheraSport Physical Therapy continues to provide quality care while meeting and exceeding recommendations of OSHA the CDC.
For additional information regarding coronavirus, please visit these websites:https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/index.html https://www.nih.gov/health-information/coronavirus https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
Thank you for your continued trust and should you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 856-256-8393 for further assistance.
Daniel Liss, PT, DPT, OCS, Cert. MDT /Owner & Jennifer Perno, PT, DPT/Owner