What is Vestibular Rehabilitation?
Vestibular Rehabilitation is a conservative treatment for patients suffering from vertigo, dizziness, balance and/or gait dysfunction.
Who Can Benefit From Vestibular Rehabilitation?
- Patients suffering from post-concussive syndrome
- Patients with BPPV (vertigo)
- Patients diagnosed with vestibular hypofunction
- Patients suffering from neurological disorders
- Patients suffering from cervicogenic dizziness
- Patients with peripheral neuropathy
- Patients with dizziness or loss of balance
Why Choose a Susan Herdman Certified Vestibular PT?
- Must pass rigorous exam to achieve certification
- Trained in use of Frenzel magnification lenses to accurately diagnose pathology
- Extensively trained in oculomotor examination to address visual deficits following injury
- Trained in detailed neurological examination for post-concussive patients prior to return to play
- Trained in repositioning maneuvers, adaptation, substitution and habituation programs
- Extensively trained to interpret diagnostic test findings relevant to vestibular rehab
- Trained in targeted treatment techniques to address deficits found in evaluation